|1/8″ 1/4″NPT In-line Pipe Thread Plastic Disconnect Fluid Quick Connect Shut Off Threaded Couplings
|Standard flow quick-disconnect couplings require a body and an insert in the same flow size. Plug insert into body to connect fitting and easily disconnect the fitting by simply press the thumb latch.
|medical devices, laboratory, life science, biopharmaceutical, biochemical analysis, bioengineering, circulating water cooling pipe system, water treatment and disinfection, food&beverage, packaging machinery, industrial and hundreds of other applications;
|Seal Ring Material
|Buna-N/FKM/EPDM/Silicone rubber, depend on your usage
|316 Stainless Steel
|32°F – 180°F (0°C – 82°C)
|Vacuum to 100 psi, 6.9bar
|Valved(shut off) or Non-valved (straight through)
|Panel Mount/In-line/Elbow/NPT Threaded;
|Hose Barb Size
|1/16″ =1.6mm (01); 1/8″= 3.2mm (02); 3/16″= 4.8mm (03);
1/4″=6.4mm (04); 5/16″=8mm (05); 3/8″=9.6mm (06);
|1/8″-27NPT, 1/4″-18NPT Male Thread
1/4″ Flow rate, 1/4″(6.4mm), 5/16″(7.9mm), 3/8″(9.5mm) Hose Barb Coupling Insert
Related Products You May Like
1/4″ Flow Rate All Plastic Series Couplings
1/8″ Flow Rate Medium Series Couplings
1/16″ Flow Rate Small Series Couplings
Q1: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A1: We are 15 years factory. Welcome to visit our factory.
Q2:What is your sample policy?
1. Only for terminal manufacturer;
2. Please kindly provide detail information of company for sample application process. Sample is available after confirmed and approved by management;
3.The international freight cost should be paid by the applicant;
Q3:What is your terms of payment?
A3: 100% payment before delivery; T/T 50% as deposit when mass customization, the balance before shipment.
Q4: How about your delivery time?
A4: Generally, it will take about 7-15 days after payment confirmed. The specific delivery time depends on the items and the ordered quantity .
Q5:What’s the shipping way?
A5: Usually by DHL, UPS, TNT, FedEx express or as your request.
Q6: Can you produce according to the samples?
A6: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We accept ODM & OEM.
Packaging & Shipping
Our company has specialized in researchs and developments, designs, manufactures, promotes and sales of a variety of plastic fittings, plastic connectors,quick disconnect couplings, check valves, filters, CHINAMFG pumps, solenoid valves,plastic tubings and other accessories applied in fluid systems. Our products are widely used in all kinds of products, machinery,devices and process of liquid and gas pipe system, In the life sciences and special industrial markets have thousands of applications to be used, Such as blood pressure, blood oxygen monitoring module and blood gas recovery equipment, biochemical analysis/inspection equipment, dialysis water treatment equipment, treatment and reuse equipment, breathing anesthesia, incubator, bioengineering and circulating water cooling pipe system, solvent printer, inkjet printer,film printer and ink supply system, water quality online analytical instruments, laboratory equipment, food machinery, fermentation system process equipment, plating equipment, PCB&LCD process equipment, chemical equipment, packaging machinery, water treatment and disinfection equipment, inflatable products, automation equipment…And so on.
Depending on the 15-years experience in various fluidic control systems, our company has had a set of comprehensive manufacturing systems involving in R&D and design, mold manufacture, plastic injection, assembly & inspection, finished-product sales and warehousing logistics. It has many advantages of stable quality, efficient production and punctual delivery, which can be said a trustworthy partner.
Following different requirements from wider customers, including drawings or samples offering, our company can offer satisfied design services and mass customized services.
We’re looking forwards to cooperating with a wide range of OEMs and ODMs.
What are the Differences between Fluid Couplings and Mechanical Clutches?
Fluid couplings and mechanical clutches are both components used in power transmission systems, but they operate on different principles and have distinct characteristics:
- Operating Principle:
- Fluid Coupling: A fluid coupling uses hydraulic fluid to transmit torque. It consists of an impeller and a runner immersed in a fluid-filled chamber. When the input shaft (driving member) rotates, it imparts motion to the fluid, which in turn drives the output shaft (driven member).
- Mechanical Clutch: A mechanical clutch relies on physical contact between friction surfaces to transmit torque. When engaged, the clutch plates or discs press against each other, creating a mechanical link between the input and output shafts.
- Fluid Coupling: Fluid couplings allow a certain degree of slippage between the input and output shafts. This slippage provides a smooth start and helps protect the machinery from shock loads.
- Mechanical Clutch: Mechanical clutches have minimal slippage when engaged, providing a direct and rigid connection between the input and output shafts.
- Fluid Coupling: Fluid couplings provide automatic torque transmission without the need for manual engagement or disengagement.
- Mechanical Clutch: Mechanical clutches require manual actuation to engage or disengage, allowing for precise control over power transmission.
- Heat Dissipation:
- Fluid Coupling: Fluid couplings dissipate heat generated during operation, which helps prevent overheating of the system.
- Mechanical Clutch: Mechanical clutches may generate more heat due to friction, requiring additional cooling mechanisms in high-power applications.
- Fluid Coupling: Fluid couplings are commonly used in heavy machinery, such as mining equipment, crushers, and conveyors, where shock absorption and smooth starts are crucial.
- Mechanical Clutch: Mechanical clutches are prevalent in applications where precise engagement and disengagement are required, such as automotive transmissions and manual industrial machinery.
While both fluid couplings and mechanical clutches serve the purpose of transmitting torque, their different operating principles and features make them suitable for specific applications and operating conditions.
Real-World Case Studies: Improved Performance with Fluid Couplings
Fluid couplings have been widely adopted in various industries, and numerous real-world case studies demonstrate their positive impact on performance and efficiency. Here are a few examples:
Case Study 1: Mining Conveyor System
In a large mining operation, a conveyor system used to transport heavy loads of ore experienced frequent starts and stops due to fluctuating material supply. The abrupt starting and stopping led to significant wear and tear on the conveyor components, causing frequent breakdowns and maintenance downtime.
After installing fluid couplings at critical points in the conveyor system, the soft start and stop capability of the fluid couplings significantly reduced the mechanical stress during operation. This led to a smoother material flow, reduced conveyor wear, and extended equipment life. Additionally, the fluid couplings’ overload protection feature prevented damage to the conveyor during peak loads, ensuring uninterrupted production.
Case Study 2: Marine Propulsion System
In a marine vessel equipped with traditional direct drive systems, the crew faced challenges in maneuvering the ship efficiently. The fixed propeller arrangement made it challenging to control the vessel’s speed and direction accurately, leading to increased fuel consumption and decreased maneuverability.
By retrofitting the vessel’s propulsion system with fluid couplings, the ship’s performance improved significantly. The fluid couplings allowed for flexible and smooth speed control, enabling precise maneuvering and reduced fuel consumption. The ability to adjust the load on the propeller enhanced the vessel’s overall efficiency, resulting in reduced operating costs and improved environmental sustainability.
Case Study 3: Industrial Pumping Station
In an industrial pumping station, the constant starting and stopping of the pumps caused water hammer and pressure surges within the pipeline network. The sudden hydraulic shocks led to pipe bursts, valve failures, and increased energy consumption.
After implementing fluid couplings in the pump drive systems, the pumps could be softly started and stopped. The fluid couplings’ torque control capabilities ensured a gradual increase in pump speed, eliminating water hammer and pressure surges. As a result, the pumping station’s reliability improved, maintenance costs decreased, and the energy consumption reduced due to smoother pump operations.
These case studies demonstrate the positive effects of using fluid couplings in various applications. They highlight how fluid couplings contribute to improved performance, reduced mechanical stress, enhanced control, and cost savings in industrial machinery and systems.
Advantages of Using Fluid Couplings in Power Transmission Systems
Fluid couplings offer several advantages in power transmission systems, making them well-suited for various industrial applications. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Smooth Power Transmission: Fluid couplings provide a smooth and gradual transfer of power from the engine or motor to the driven load. This helps to reduce shock and stress on the entire powertrain, leading to smoother operation and extended equipment life.
- Overload Protection: Fluid couplings act as a mechanical fuse in power transmission systems. When the load exceeds a certain threshold, the fluid coupling will slip, preventing excessive torque from reaching the driven load and protecting the machinery from damage.
- Torsional Vibration Damping: They effectively dampen torsional vibrations, reducing the risk of resonance and fatigue failure in the drivetrain. This is particularly important in applications with varying loads and speeds.
- No Mechanical Wear: Fluid couplings have no physical contact between the input and output components, resulting in minimal mechanical wear. This characteristic reduces maintenance and extends the service life of the coupling.
- Simple Design: The design of fluid couplings is relatively simple compared to other mechanical power transmission devices, leading to lower manufacturing costs and ease of maintenance.
- Energy Efficiency: In certain operating conditions, such as during startup or idling, fluid couplings can offer energy-saving benefits. They allow the engine to run at a constant speed while smoothly transmitting power to the load.
- Wide Range of Applications: Fluid couplings are versatile and can be used in various industrial machinery, including conveyors, crushers, pumps, fans, marine propulsion systems, and more.
Despite these advantages, fluid couplings also have limitations, such as a slight power loss due to slip and limited torque multiplication compared to torque converters. Therefore, the choice between a fluid coupling and other power transmission devices depends on the specific requirements of the application.
editor by CX 2023-09-30