Type D Polypropylene PP thread female end irrigation fluid safety camlock coupling
Polypropylene cam and groove Coupling are manufactured according to standard A-A-59326(original standard Mil-C-27487, size from 1/2″ to 4″. Black Polypropylene Camlock fitting s are made from polypropylene reinforced with 25%-30%acid-resistant fibreglass.It has good chemical resistance, acid and alkali resistance, oxidation resistance. Through suction / discharge hoses,which works in a pipe system connected to a pumps or IBC or storage tank or requiring frequent disconnection operations
Camlock fittings provides simple and reliable way to connect and disconnect the hoses. These camlock fittings can be used together by connecting PVC pipes, rubber hoses, etc., which can transport a variety of fluid media such as gasoline, heavy oil, kerosene, water, mud, salt water, acid and alkali etc. It has the advantage of fast connection, flexible disassemble.
Cam and groove couplings description:
Material of the body: Polypropylene
Arm: Stainless Steel
The thread of camlock fittings are BSP, BSPT, NPT
SIZE:1/2 ” to 4 “
Working pressure: 50-100 Psi( depending on size and temperature)
Manufacture method: Injection molding
The use and connection way of cam and groove couplings: Type F camlock can be used with B,C,D,DC (Dust Cap). To make a connection, simply slide the camlock adapter into the camlock coupling and with normal hand pressure, press the cam levers down.
Brass camlock fittings operating pressure
We are experienced as we have been in this industry as a manufacturer for more than 10 years. Both of quality and service are highly guaranteed. Absolutely prompt delivery. We can produce according to specific drawings from customers. Welcome OEM/ODM project. Strict control on quality. High efficient and well trained sale service team. ISO9001, CE and SGS certified.
1.Q: Are you a producer or trading company?
A: We are an experienced manufacturer. We own production line and kinds of machines.
2. Can you make our specific logo on the part?
Yes please provide me your logo and we will make your logo on the part.
3. Can you manufacture products according to my drawings?
Yes we can manufacturer according to client’s drawings if drawings or samples are available. We are experienced enough to make new tools.
4. Q: Can I get some samples?
A: We are honored to offer you our samples. Normally it is for free like 3-5 pcs. It is charged if the samples are more than 5 pcs. Clients bear the freight cost.
5. Q: How many days do you need to finish an order?
A: Normally it takes about 30 days to finish the order. It takes more time around CZPT season, or if the order involves many kinds of different products.
6. what kind of rubber washer do you apply to camlock couplings?
Normally we use NBR gasket.
Contribution of Fluid Coupling to the Longevity of Connected Equipment
A fluid coupling plays a crucial role in enhancing the longevity and protecting the connected equipment by providing the following benefits:
- Shock Load Damping: When the equipment starts or stops, there can be sudden changes in torque, resulting in shock loads. The fluid coupling absorbs and dampens these shock loads, reducing stress and wear on the connected equipment.
- Torsional Vibration Damping: Torsional vibrations can occur during the operation of the connected equipment, which can be damaging over time. The fluid coupling acts as a torsional damper, reducing these vibrations and preventing potential fatigue failure in the equipment.
- Overload Protection: In case of sudden overloads or jamming of the connected equipment, the fluid coupling can slip and decouple the load, protecting both the equipment and the driving motor from excessive stress and damage.
- Smooth Startup: During startup, the fluid coupling allows a gradual increase in torque, enabling a smooth and controlled acceleration of the connected equipment. This eliminates sudden jerks and reduces mechanical stress during the startup phase.
- Load Distribution: The fluid coupling distributes the load evenly across the connected equipment, minimizing wear and tear on specific components and extending the overall lifespan of the machinery.
- Reduced Maintenance: By reducing shock loads and vibrations, the fluid coupling helps decrease the frequency of maintenance and repairs required for the connected equipment, resulting in cost savings and improved uptime.
- Energy Efficiency: The fluid coupling allows for efficient power transmission by reducing losses during startup and load changes. This, in turn, helps in lowering the overall energy consumption of the system and contributes to equipment longevity.
- Contamination Prevention: The fluid coupling encapsulates the driving and driven components, providing a barrier that helps prevent contaminants such as dust, dirt, and moisture from entering the equipment’s internal components. This protection can extend the life of bearings and other sensitive parts.
Overall, a fluid coupling acts as a protective intermediary between the driving motor and the connected equipment, enhancing the system’s reliability, efficiency, and longevity by mitigating the effects of shocks, vibrations, and overloads.
Real-World Case Studies: Improved Performance with Fluid Couplings
Fluid couplings have been widely adopted in various industries, and numerous real-world case studies demonstrate their positive impact on performance and efficiency. Here are a few examples:
Case Study 1: Mining Conveyor System
In a large mining operation, a conveyor system used to transport heavy loads of ore experienced frequent starts and stops due to fluctuating material supply. The abrupt starting and stopping led to significant wear and tear on the conveyor components, causing frequent breakdowns and maintenance downtime.
After installing fluid couplings at critical points in the conveyor system, the soft start and stop capability of the fluid couplings significantly reduced the mechanical stress during operation. This led to a smoother material flow, reduced conveyor wear, and extended equipment life. Additionally, the fluid couplings’ overload protection feature prevented damage to the conveyor during peak loads, ensuring uninterrupted production.
Case Study 2: Marine Propulsion System
In a marine vessel equipped with traditional direct drive systems, the crew faced challenges in maneuvering the ship efficiently. The fixed propeller arrangement made it challenging to control the vessel’s speed and direction accurately, leading to increased fuel consumption and decreased maneuverability.
By retrofitting the vessel’s propulsion system with fluid couplings, the ship’s performance improved significantly. The fluid couplings allowed for flexible and smooth speed control, enabling precise maneuvering and reduced fuel consumption. The ability to adjust the load on the propeller enhanced the vessel’s overall efficiency, resulting in reduced operating costs and improved environmental sustainability.
Case Study 3: Industrial Pumping Station
In an industrial pumping station, the constant starting and stopping of the pumps caused water hammer and pressure surges within the pipeline network. The sudden hydraulic shocks led to pipe bursts, valve failures, and increased energy consumption.
After implementing fluid couplings in the pump drive systems, the pumps could be softly started and stopped. The fluid couplings’ torque control capabilities ensured a gradual increase in pump speed, eliminating water hammer and pressure surges. As a result, the pumping station’s reliability improved, maintenance costs decreased, and the energy consumption reduced due to smoother pump operations.
These case studies demonstrate the positive effects of using fluid couplings in various applications. They highlight how fluid couplings contribute to improved performance, reduced mechanical stress, enhanced control, and cost savings in industrial machinery and systems.
Applications of Fluid Couplings in Industrial Machinery
Fluid couplings are widely used in various industrial machinery and equipment due to their unique characteristics and benefits. Some common applications include:
- Conveyors: Fluid couplings are used in conveyor systems to provide smooth start-ups and overload protection. They help in preventing damage to the conveyor belts and equipment during sudden starts and stops.
- Pumps: Fluid couplings are employed in pumps to control the acceleration and deceleration of the pump impeller. This ensures a gradual and controlled flow of fluids, reducing water hammer and pressure surges.
- Fans: Industrial fans often use fluid couplings to regulate fan speed and avoid abrupt changes in airflow, which can cause mechanical stress and system instability.
- Mining Equipment: Fluid couplings are used in mining machinery, such as crushers and conveyors, to protect the drivetrain from shock loads and to enhance equipment reliability.
- Marine Propulsion Systems: In marine applications, fluid couplings are used in propulsion systems to provide smooth engagement of the propeller, protecting the engine and transmission.
- Power Plants: Fluid couplings are utilized in power plants for boiler feed pumps, induced draft fans, and other equipment to achieve smooth operation and prevent sudden stress on mechanical components.
- Steel Industry: In steel mills, fluid couplings are employed in various equipment, including rolling mills and continuous casting machines, to protect the machinery and enhance productivity.
- Automotive: Fluid couplings are used in automatic transmissions to smoothly transmit power from the engine to the wheels, allowing smooth gear changes and preventing driveline shock.
- Wood Processing: In wood processing equipment, such as chippers and saws, fluid couplings are used to protect the equipment from shock loads and to achieve efficient power transmission.
Overall, fluid couplings play a crucial role in a wide range of industrial machinery applications, providing enhanced protection, smoother operation, and increased equipment longevity.
editor by CX 2023-08-15