D100NY Nylon Camlock Coupling Industrial Connector Quick Release Fluid Safety camlock coupling
Type D camlock with Female coupler r X Female thread Introduction:
Nylon cam and groove Coupling are made according to standard A-A-59326(original standard Mil-C-27487), size from 1/2″ to 4″.Fiber reinforced nylon camlock couplings are worked under low pressure, apply to most corrosive chemicals and solvents. nylon camlock fittings because of its excellent material properties, it can stand up with cross threading,impact,warpage and crushing.For special applications,they are totally inert and make no sparks or galvanic action.
To make a connection, simply slide the camlock adapter into the camlock coupling and with normal hand pressure, press the cam levers down.
body materials: fiber reinforced nylon
handle: stainless steel
Gaskets:Buna-N (NBR), EPDM
The thread of camlock fittings are BSP,BSPT,NPT
pressure :50-100 Psi( depending on size and temperature)
Operating temperature :-30-70°C (°C F 160)
When the temperature rises, the working pressure drops
l Manufacture method:Injection molding
Cam and groove couplings use and connection mode: Type D camlock can usually be used with type A, type E, type F, type DP (Dust Plug) of the same size. To make a connection, simply slide the camlock adapter into the camlock coupling and with normal hand pressure, press the cam levers down.
l good wear resistance
l suitable for most chemicals, agricultural fertilizers
l economic utility
disconnect/connect without tools
Camlock fitting industry applications:
l industries: chemical, paint, agriculture, municipal, sewage
l applications: chemicals, solvents, varnishes, inks, fertilizers, wastewater
Nylon camlock coupling operating pressure:
|1/2″ – 2-1/2″
|3″ – 4″
We are experienced as we have been in this industry as a manufacturer for more than 10 years. Both of quality and service are highly guaranteed. Absolutely prompt delivery. We can produce according to specific drawings from customers. Welcome OEM/ODM project. Strict control on quality. High efficient and well trained sale service team. ISO9001, CE and SGS certified.
1.Q: Are you a producer or trading company?
A: We are an experienced manufacturer. We own production line and kinds of machines.
2. Can you make our specific logo on the part?
Yes please provide me your logo and we will make your logo on the part.
3. Can you manufacture products according to my drawings?
Yes we can manufacturer according to client’s drawings if drawings or samples are available. We are experienced enough to make new tools.
4. Q: Can I get some samples?
A: We are honored to offer you our samples. Normally it is for free like 3-5 pcs. It is charged if the samples are more than 5 pcs. Clients bear the freight cost.
5. Q: How many days do you need to finish an order?
A: Normally it takes about 30 days to finish the order. It takes more time around CZPT season, or if the order involves many kinds of different products.
6. what kind of rubber washer do you apply to camlock couplings?
Normally we use NBR gasket.
Fluid Coupling and Smooth Power Transmission during Starting and Stopping
A fluid coupling is designed to facilitate smooth power transmission during the starting and stopping phases of machinery and equipment. It achieves this by utilizing the principle of hydrodynamic torque transmission through a fluid medium.
Starting Phase: When power is initially supplied to the input shaft of the fluid coupling, the impeller (also known as the pump) begins to rotate, imparting energy to the fluid inside the coupling. As the fluid gains kinetic energy, it starts moving outward towards the turbine (also called the driven element) due to centrifugal force.
The kinetic energy of the moving fluid causes the turbine to start rotating, transmitting torque to the output shaft. During this starting phase, there is a slight time lag, known as the “slip,” between the impeller and the turbine. However, as the fluid coupling reaches its operational speed, the slip reduces, and the turbine matches the speed of the impeller, resulting in smooth power transmission from the input to the output shaft.
The fluid coupling’s ability to control the slip ensures a gradual and controlled acceleration of the driven equipment, minimizing stress on the drivetrain components and preventing sudden shock loads.
Stopping Phase: When power to the input shaft is reduced or cut off, the impeller slows down, and the kinetic energy in the fluid decreases. As a result, the fluid moves away from the turbine towards the center of the coupling, reducing the torque transmission between the input and output shafts.
This characteristic of the fluid coupling aids in smoothly decelerating the connected equipment, preventing sudden jolts or jerks during the stopping process. The ability to control the slip during deceleration ensures that the driven machinery comes to a gradual and controlled stop, enhancing safety and protecting the equipment from damage.
The combination of hydrodynamic torque transmission and the ability to control the slip makes fluid couplings ideal for applications where smooth power transmission during starting and stopping is essential. Industries such as mining, construction, metal processing, marine propulsion, and power generation benefit from the reliable and efficient performance of fluid couplings in various machinery and equipment.
Fluid Coupling: Dealing with Oil Leakage and Sealing Issues
Fluid couplings are designed to be sealed units to prevent the leakage of the internal fluid (usually oil or a similar hydraulic fluid). Proper sealing is crucial for the efficient and reliable operation of the fluid coupling, as any oil leakage can lead to reduced performance, contamination, and potential damage to the surrounding components.
Here are some key factors related to oil leakage and sealing issues in fluid couplings:
- Seal Design: The sealing system in a fluid coupling typically involves shaft seals and gaskets. High-quality seals are essential to prevent oil from escaping and contaminants from entering the coupling. The design and material selection of these seals play a significant role in maintaining effective sealing.
- Installation: Proper installation of the fluid coupling is critical to ensure that the seals are correctly positioned and securely fitted. Any misalignment or damage during installation can lead to oil leakage issues.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance is essential to detect and address any potential sealing problems early on. Inspections should be conducted periodically to check for signs of oil leakage, wear on the seals, and any damage to the coupling housing.
- Fluid Selection: The choice of fluid used inside the coupling can also influence its sealing performance. Using the recommended fluid type and quality specified by the manufacturer is essential for maintaining proper sealing.
- Operating Conditions: The operating environment can impact the sealing effectiveness. Extreme temperature variations or harsh working conditions may affect the integrity of the seals over time.
If oil leakage or sealing issues are observed in a fluid coupling, immediate action should be taken to address the problem. This may involve replacing worn-out seals, resealing the coupling, or investigating potential causes such as misalignment or excessive heat generation.
Additionally, regular inspection and maintenance of the fluid coupling can help prevent sealing problems before they escalate. Early detection and appropriate maintenance can extend the lifespan of the fluid coupling and ensure reliable power transmission in various industrial applications.
Consulting with the manufacturer or a qualified engineer for guidance on proper maintenance and troubleshooting of fluid coupling sealing issues is recommended.
Advantages of Using Fluid Couplings in Power Transmission Systems
Fluid couplings offer several advantages in power transmission systems, making them well-suited for various industrial applications. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Smooth Power Transmission: Fluid couplings provide a smooth and gradual transfer of power from the engine or motor to the driven load. This helps to reduce shock and stress on the entire powertrain, leading to smoother operation and extended equipment life.
- Overload Protection: Fluid couplings act as a mechanical fuse in power transmission systems. When the load exceeds a certain threshold, the fluid coupling will slip, preventing excessive torque from reaching the driven load and protecting the machinery from damage.
- Torsional Vibration Damping: They effectively dampen torsional vibrations, reducing the risk of resonance and fatigue failure in the drivetrain. This is particularly important in applications with varying loads and speeds.
- No Mechanical Wear: Fluid couplings have no physical contact between the input and output components, resulting in minimal mechanical wear. This characteristic reduces maintenance and extends the service life of the coupling.
- Simple Design: The design of fluid couplings is relatively simple compared to other mechanical power transmission devices, leading to lower manufacturing costs and ease of maintenance.
- Energy Efficiency: In certain operating conditions, such as during startup or idling, fluid couplings can offer energy-saving benefits. They allow the engine to run at a constant speed while smoothly transmitting power to the load.
- Wide Range of Applications: Fluid couplings are versatile and can be used in various industrial machinery, including conveyors, crushers, pumps, fans, marine propulsion systems, and more.
Despite these advantages, fluid couplings also have limitations, such as a slight power loss due to slip and limited torque multiplication compared to torque converters. Therefore, the choice between a fluid coupling and other power transmission devices depends on the specific requirements of the application.
editor by CX 2023-08-16