cam&groove coupling PP plastic nylon fitting fluid safety transfer camlock coupling
Polypropylene cam and groove Coupling are made according to standard A-A-59326(original standard Mil-C-27487), size from 1/2″ to 4″. Black Polypropylene Camlock fitting s are made from polypropylene reinforced with 25%-30%acid-resistant fibreglass.It has excellent tolerance to most corrosive acids, bases, fertilizers, solvents and wastewater, so it is widely used in inhalation / discharge hoses for agricultural or industrial applications.
body materials: Polypropylene
handle: stainless steel
Gaskets:Buna-N (NBR), EPDM
The thread of camlock fittings are BSP,BSPT,NPT
pressure :50-100 Psi( depending on size and temperature)
Operating temperature :-30-70°C (160°F)
When the temperature rises, the working pressure drops
Manufacture method:Injection molding
The use and connection way of cam and groove couplings: Type A camlock can usually be used with type D, type C, type B, type DC (Dust Cap) of the same size. To make a connection, simply slide the camlock adapter into the camlock coupling and with normal hand pressure, press the cam levers down.
Demension of PP camlock coupling
|1/2″ – 2-1/2″
|3″ – 4″
economy is cheap
good chemical resistance
disconnect/connect without tools
Camlock fitting industry applications:
industries: chemical, paint, agriculture, municipal, sewage
applications: chemicals, solvents, varnishes, inks, fertilizers, wastewater
We are experienced as we have been in this industry as a manufacturer for more than 10 years. Both of quality and service are highly guaranteed. Absolutely prompt delivery. We can produce according to specific drawings from customers. Welcome OEM/ODM project. Strict control on quality. High efficient and well trained sale service team. ISO9001, CE and SGS certified.
1.Q: Are you a producer or trading company?
A: We are an experienced manufacturer. We own production line and kinds of machines.
2. Can you make our specific logo on the part?
Yes please provide me your logo and we will make your logo on the part.
3. Can you manufacture products according to my drawings?
Yes we can manufacturer according to client’s drawings if drawings or samples are available. We are experienced enough to make new tools.
4. Q: Can I get some samples?
A: We are honored to offer you our samples. Normally it is for free like 3-5 pcs. It is charged if the samples are more than 5 pcs. Clients bear the freight cost.
5. Q: How many days do you need to finish an order?
A: Normally it takes about 30 days to finish the order. It takes more time around CHINAMFG season, or if the order involves many kinds of different products.
6. what kind of rubber washer do you apply to camlock couplings?
Normally we use NBR gasket.
How does a Fluid Coupling Handle Shock Loads and Torsional Vibrations?
Fluid couplings are designed to handle shock loads and torsional vibrations in power transmission systems due to their unique operating principle:
- Shock Load Handling: When a sudden or high-impact load is applied to the output shaft, the fluid coupling allows a certain degree of slippage between the impeller and the runner. This slippage acts as a buffer, absorbing the shock and protecting the connected machinery from abrupt torque changes. As a result, fluid couplings are effective at preventing damage to the drivetrain and other components during abrupt starts and stops.
- Torsional Vibration Damping: Torsional vibrations can occur in rotating systems, leading to harmful vibrations that can affect the overall stability and performance of the machinery. Fluid couplings help dampen these torsional vibrations by providing a smooth and controlled power transmission. The hydraulic fluid inside the coupling acts as a viscous damper, absorbing and dissipating the energy of torsional vibrations, thus reducing the impact on the connected equipment.
By effectively managing shock loads and torsional vibrations, fluid couplings contribute to improved reliability and reduced wear and tear on the machinery, leading to longer equipment life and enhanced overall performance.
Safety Features in Modern Fluid Coupling Designs
Modern fluid coupling designs incorporate various safety features to ensure the reliable and secure operation of the equipment. Here are some of the key safety features commonly found in modern fluid couplings:
1. Overload Protection: One of the primary safety features in modern fluid couplings is overload protection. In the event of an abrupt increase in load or torque, the fluid coupling slips, absorbing the excess torque and preventing damage to the connected equipment. This feature safeguards against mechanical failures and protects the machinery.
2. Torque Limiting: Fluid couplings are designed with torque limiting capabilities, which allow them to control the maximum torque transmitted to the driven equipment. By setting the torque limit within a safe operating range, the fluid coupling prevents excessive stresses on the system, ensuring longevity and reliability.
3. Automatic Overheat Protection: Some fluid couplings are equipped with automatic overheat protection mechanisms. If the fluid coupling’s operating temperature exceeds a predefined threshold, the protection system disengages the coupling temporarily until the temperature returns to a safe level. This prevents damage due to overheating and enhances safety.
4. Backstop or Holdback Device: In certain applications where reverse rotation is a concern, fluid couplings may include a backstop or holdback device. This feature prevents the driven equipment from rotating in the opposite direction, enhancing safety during sudden stops or reversals.
5. Fail-Safe Operation: Many modern fluid couplings are designed to operate in a fail-safe manner. In the event of any malfunction or failure, the coupling defaults to a safe mode, allowing the equipment to continue operating at reduced capacity or gradually shut down, avoiding catastrophic failures.
6. Seal Protection: Proper sealing is crucial for fluid couplings, especially in harsh environments. Modern designs often include advanced seal protection features to prevent oil leakage and contamination, ensuring environmental safety and reducing maintenance requirements.
7. Low Noise and Vibration: Reduced noise and vibration levels in fluid couplings contribute to operator safety and comfort. The damping properties of the fluid coupling help minimize vibrations, creating a quieter and more stable working environment.
8. Emergency Stop Capability: Some fluid couplings may have emergency stop provisions to quickly disengage the coupling in critical situations. This feature allows for rapid shutdowns in emergencies, preventing accidents and protecting personnel.
9. Condition Monitoring: Advanced fluid coupling designs may include condition monitoring capabilities. This allows operators to monitor the coupling’s performance, temperature, and other parameters in real-time, facilitating predictive maintenance and avoiding unexpected failures.
Overall, the incorporation of these safety features in modern fluid coupling designs ensures the protection of machinery, operators, and the surrounding environment. These safety measures enhance the reliability, efficiency, and longevity of equipment, making fluid couplings a safe and valuable choice for power transmission in various industrial applications.
Environmental Concerns Related to Fluid Coupling Operation
Fluid couplings are generally considered environmentally friendly and pose minimal direct environmental concerns during their operation. They do not contain hazardous materials or produce harmful emissions, making them a relatively safe choice for power transmission systems.
However, it is essential to consider some potential indirect environmental impacts associated with the use of fluid couplings in certain applications:
- Energy Efficiency: As discussed earlier, fluid couplings can improve energy efficiency in power transmission systems. By reducing energy wastage and optimizing torque transmission, they indirectly contribute to lower energy consumption. Energy efficiency is crucial in industries where high power consumption may have environmental implications due to increased energy demand from power plants.
- Maintenance Practices: Regular maintenance is essential to ensure optimal performance and longevity of fluid couplings. Proper maintenance reduces the risk of leaks and other potential issues that could lead to fluid spillage. Implementing sound maintenance practices can prevent environmental contamination and contribute to sustainable operations.
- Fluid Selection: The choice of fluid used in the coupling can impact the environment. While most fluid couplings use environmentally safe hydraulic fluids, it is essential to ensure that the selected fluid complies with environmental regulations and does not pose any environmental hazards if accidentally released.
- End-of-Life Disposal: At the end of their lifecycle, fluid couplings may need to be disposed of properly. The recycling or disposal of fluid couplings should follow local environmental regulations to minimize any potential environmental impact.
Overall, fluid couplings themselves are not a significant source of environmental concerns. Still, it is essential to consider their indirect impacts, such as energy efficiency, maintenance practices, fluid selection, and end-of-life disposal, to ensure responsible and environmentally conscious use.
editor by CX 2023-11-30